Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our wonderful trip

We left last Friday morning at about 10 am and got into Puerto Vallarta at about 3 pm. Our flight was good, I slept most of the time. The people are super pushy at the Mexican airports, and they're all trying to scam you! We had the same experience in Cancun. It's so tacky and rude!

The next morning, Elena and I went for a walk on the beach. (I know, so romantic, right?) Anyway, we saw a baby sea turtle that had just hatched and was on it's way into the ocean. It was SUPER cool! :) It looked up at me... we had a moment. Then as we got to the point where we turned around to head back, I found a coconut coming in and going back out with the waves, I though that was SUPER cool too, so I carried it all the way back to our hotel. I'm holding my coconut in one of the pics below. :)

Jeff played water volley with the boys later that afternoon and then we went to dinner. After dinner we went down to the beach with Sally and Darren and watched the phosphorus sparkle like golden stars in the sand. It was so cool! I'd never seen that before! Sally and I decided to dance in the sand and do cartwheels. It was so much fun!

We had such a great time. It was worth every penny, I can't wait to do it again!

2 had something to say:

Amanda said...

I'm glad you guys had such a great time. It must have been REALLY nice to get away from the yuck weather here and sit in the sun.

Jodi said...

Yay! I am so glad that you got to get away. Sounds like so much fun. Makes me so much more excited for our trip :) Thanks for taking dinner to dad tonight :)