Monday, November 17, 2008

"It's an eagle!!"

I'm always on the lookout for eagles, everywhere we go! Jeff is usually driving so I get to watch for cool stuff. Everytime I see a big bird, big enough to be an eagle, I automatically yell out, "It's an eagle!!" Jeff will take a look and say, " no it's not, that's just a hawk, not every bird you see is an eagle!" So, I'll continue to look, knowing what I saw was an eagle (even if it wasn't ;)) and not caring if Jeff agreed with me or not. :)

On my way to work this morning, doing my usual thing, taking my usual boring route, I noticed a BIG bird on top of the lamp post at the top of the freeway entrance. I took off my sunglasses to get a better look and thought to myself, is it an owl??? As I got closer I realized I was looking at a golden eagle!!! Can you believe it? I looked to my left to see what it was staring at and there it was a dead doe- poor mama, right there at Redwood Road and 2-15. The eagle must have been hungry but couldn't get to it because of all of the cars. So anyway, as you can imagine, I was thrilled that I saw an eagle, and so close to home! I called Jeff and said... "guess what I just saw!!"

1 had something to say:

Amanda said...

How neat! That definitely adds a little spice to the day.