Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I voted today! : )



I woke up bright and early so I would be able to cast my vote for national, state and local candidates. This year I've felt an overwhelming amount of pressure from family, media, friends and emails. On the way to my polling location this morning, I was really feeling the pressure... have I made the right choices on who to vote for? Am I sure I know what I'm voting for? I met my mother at our location at 8:00 am and thankfully she had her voter info pamphlet for a refresher. I was really nervous, I didn't want to cast my vote for something I don't believe in, or reinstate a judge that could possibly sentence an innocent person to prison. This is heavy stuff! I read through the pamphlet once more and felt confident in the choices I had made. After voting, I really started thinking about how important our local votes are for the future of our state. I wish the state or county would have a "voter education course" that all registered voters must attend and maybe it could have a little quiz at the end that they would have to pass. It really scares me that some voters have no idea what they are voting for, much less who is even running! How can that be allowed? To me, it's pure irresponsibility and disrespect to our county, state and country. Good luck in casting your votes today, the line at my polling place wasn't long at all and it took only about 25 minutes. God Bless America! We are so very lucky to have this right as citizens. Please exercise it.

2 had something to say:

Amanda said...

Good for you, Elise!

WRYUN said...

Way to go! I only had to wait 30 seconds.....