Monday, April 13, 2009

Our first 5k - for Diabetes

Jeff and I walked/jogged our first 5k on Saturday for Diabetes. Brandon invited us and we took him up on it. It was a lot harder than I thought. I work out vigorously 3-4 times a week, I've been building my endurance for a year now. I cannot believe how hard it was and how much I struggled. It took us about 45 minutes. :(

The race was above the U by The Point, so there were some brutal hills. Jeff did awesome and kept up with me the entire time, he claims he could have left me in the dust, but he didn't so... claim shmame! :0) The next 5k Jeff and I are going to do is on May 9th, The Race for The Cure. If anybody wants to come joins us, leave a comment or send me an email. It's for a great cause and also great for your heart.

2 had something to say:

Amanda said...

Wow, I so didn't know you were doing a marathon, Hurray, for the both of you. That's really awesome of you both!

Jeff & Elise said...

Well, It's not technically a marathon. Marathon is 26 miles. We just did a 5k. :)