Monday, December 1, 2008

Chapter 2 - Rocky Lane


Rocky turned 8 this year. He has experienced a wide variety of events in his life, most happy and fun, some scary and unsure. Rocky was one of 9 puppies birthed by Lacey Lane, a beautiful golden retriever who passed earlier this year due to cancer. She was 11. Lacey Lane belongs to Jared and Lindsay Lane who love her dearly. 8 years ago, on a camping trip Lacey hooked up with a Yellow Labrador Retriever and conceived our best buddy, Rocky. Jeff got to watch him be born and then fostered the 8 puppies (1 died) until they were all given away. Jeff would go home on his lunch break to take care of the puppies and picked Rocky because he was the most laid back out of them all. He says when he would get there, all of the other puppies and Lacey would rush to the front of the kennel and whimper and whine with excitement. Rocky, however, would stay at the back of the kennel and wait for things to calm down. Jeff knew that was the pup for him and sharpied his name on the inside of his ear! I met Rocky 3 years ago, we went on our first camping trip together to Flaming Gorge. I knew he was special the first time I met him. There was just something about him. Rocky is my favorite dog, I love him so much, I am VERY grateful for such a wonderful dog who teaches us how to be kinder every day. He has so much love to give, and he'll give it to anyone who wants it. He is great at loving everybody, no matter their faults or their annoying habits. Rocky once saved me from falling into a campfire, I had tripped on a rock and was going face down into the fire, when all of the sudden, he darted the opposite way, which pulled me away from the fire. His leash was around my wrist. I know he knew what he was doing. He is Jeff and I's best friend! Earlier this year, as some of you readers know, he was paralyzed. Click here for the story http://jeffandelise.blogspot.com/2008_04_01_archive.html You'll have to scroll down through the postings, unless you already know the story. He is about 98% recovered. He runs and plays just like he used to. He still has a tiny limp in his right rear leg, but that is small potatoes compared to being paralyzed. If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting this sweet angel, I hope you get to sometime. Rocky has changed my life for the better and I strive to be as kind and loving as he is!

2 had something to say:

Amanda said...

Rocky is one of the bestest dogs ever!

Jodi said...

Aahhh! What a great Tribute to Rocky. He's so lucky to have you and Jeff in his life. We love you Rocky! :)