Monday, October 20, 2008

Angel Fire, New Mexico


Ever heard of it? I hadn't so I began researching and I am SOOO excited to go there!

Angel Fire is a high-altitude haven in New Mexico's Moreno Valley. At 8,400 feet above sea level the valley is surrounded by towering mountains typically splashed by spectacular sunrises and sunsets.

The Ute Indians gave Angel Fire its name when they saw those glowing skies and called it the "fire of the angels."

Summers are cool and dry. You'll rarely find a day with temperatures hotter than 80 degrees, even in July and August when everywhere else is red hot.


As some of you know, Jeffrey travels on occasion for work. This time, he is going to Angel Fire, New Mexico and asked me if I wanted to go with him! Of course I do! It's so hard for me to sleep without him home, I'm scared of the dark : ) so I checked with work and got it cleared to work remotely from the hotel during the days! I am so excited, we're taking Rocky and Kaia, they are going to love going for daily runs in this new place. I'd like to get two queen beds, one for Jeff & I and one for Rocky and Kaia. : ) I'll post pics and stories while I'm there! Have any of you ever been here?

3 had something to say:

trinkie said...

sounds beautiful!

Matt and Jess Fam said...

Matt's family lives in Los Alamos area and Jemez Springs...is it close to there?

Amanda said...

You guys will have so much fun!